Think Aloud

Moving on...new experiences, new thoughts, new hopes, and new dreams...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Home

I love how the temperature is never quite right and how I'm always freezing cold or burning up.
I love how the pipes in the shower sing annoyingly if you don't turn the knob far enough.
I love how our storage closet is the place for weird smells, luggage, and alcohol.
I love how my bed squeaks annoyingly everytime I breathe.
I love how when the overhead flourescent light is on, you're blinded, but when it's off, you can't see.
I love that we never had a remote for our T.V.
I love how the table in the common room is a free-for-all for candy and other junk food.
I love how there's a fresh cake or batch of brownies at least once a week.
I love how the microwave is used most often for making tea rather than T.V. dinners.
I love how lunch time becomes a time for Full House, The Cosby Show, and casual conversation.
I love how doors are always open.
I love how privacy is a shared affair.
I love how we are all independent yet dependent.
I love how pictures are taken more often than not.
I love how individual rooms become communal places.
I even love the vomit stain in the middle of our hallway.
But above all, I love us and love how our lives have become intertwined this year.

Do not be mistaken... this is not a sad attempt at poetry; on the other hand, it is a catalog of 703, the place and the people -- things I will miss most of all next year. Sorry, apparently not being able to sleep brings about sentimentality.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Feb 10, 05:04:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I may copy this poem, print it out, and hang it in my apartment next year ;-) You put my thoughts on paper so well, KEY.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home